Free Half Hour Eval/Consult
Want to come in, meet the trainers, and ask some questions in person before making a commitment?
*This is a question and answer session. We train Any Breed with Any Issue.
**Your pup is not required but since we love dogs they are more than welcome.
***Book a time that works for you through our “Online Calendar”
Basic Obedience Starter Package
One individual lesson is $350 (This includes the Off-Leash K9 Training E-Collar, 20 foot leash, and the price of the first lesson). Then each additional lesson is just $100.00 per session!
The Basic Obedience Package
This package will not only teach your pup to understand and respond to the basic commands all pups should know, but perform them when needed, outside, off leash, with distraction. We will not only train your pup to be a well behaved member of society, we also train you to better understand your pup.More Info and Pricing
- Come, Sit, and Extended Sit
- Break – Your pup will “stay” in the last command until it hears this release word.
- Down and Extended Down
- Place and Extended Place – They will sit on a specific location that you point to (chair, park bench, etc) and stay there until released.
- Heel – They will walk right beside of you on a leash or off. No more pulling!
- Off – Command for all unwanted behavior such as jumping, mouthing, counter-surfing, talking back, etc.
*Includes 4 private 1-hour lessons, 15ft training lead and an Off Leash K9 Training E-collar for $600.
**Extended sit, down, and place means your dog will REMAIN in the down, sit, or place position until YOU tell them to “break” (release them).
***Lessons need to be scheduled “at least” a week apart.
“Prior to our first class, my dog was extremly stubborn & just did what she wanted. We tried treat training her & after a while other objects were more important. After just 1 class, I had a new dog! This one listens! The difference in her is amazing.” –Genbook Review
Note: For every friend you refer to OLK9 Pittsburgh, we’ll give you a FREE Advanced Lesson!
Basic and Advanced Obedience Package
This package is for those who really want their dog to be rock-stars! This package includes everything listed in the basic teachings, with the first advanced lesson being extended distance work (dog is a few hundred yards away – you say sit or down and the dog knows to stop what it is doing and drops into a sit or down) and 3 additional commands of your choice:
- Extended Distance Sit (Sit from a distance) 1st advanced lesson
- Extended Distance Down (Down from a distance) 1st advanced lesson
- Come to Heel (come around your right leg and sit in the Heel position at your left leg)
- Watch (maintain eye contact with you until released)
- Through (come around your right leg and sit between your legs)
- Stand (assume a standing position)
- Front (come and sit directly in front of you, facing you)
- Touch (stand up against something you point to)
- You Tell Me (if you have a particular command you want to do just ask:-)
*Includes 8 private 1-hour lessons, 15ft training lead and an Off Leash K9 Training E-collar for $900.
**Lessons need to be scheduled “at least” a week apart.
Your dog must finish our Basic Obedience Package before we will teach them advanced lessons! We offer numerous advanced lessons! Some are: extended distance obedience (your dog will be sitting/downing on command from 50+ yards away from you), heel command (they come running, go around you and sit down right beside your left leg), watch command (stare at you until you release them), through command (go in between your legs and sit down), stand command (they will assume a standing position on command), front command (they will come running and sit directly in front of you no matter where they are), focused heeling (will stare at you the entire time they heel), touch command (they will run up and stand up against anything you point to), and many more!
2-Week Board & Train Program
This intense program is like boarding school for your dog with a focuses on practical, everyday obedience that is completed with a high level of precision, outside, off-leash, with distractions! You send us your dog for 2 weeks and in that 2 week period, they learn everything mentioned in the basic obedience package as well as extended distance and come to heel or through. This program provides a little bit of everything, including manners and socialization (dogs and people), at the end of the 2 weeks, they are fully off leash and fully obedient. After completion of the training, you will be provided with a 2 hour one-on-one session which will detail everything your companion does, how to handle them, and how to properly control them.
- Sit, Extended Sit, Distance Sit (Dog remains in position until released)
- Down, Extended Down, and Distance Down
- Loose Leash and Off-Leash Heeling
- Come on command (outside, off-leash, with distractions)
- Greeting Manners (not jumping)
- Waiting politely at doors and gates (wait when they are opened until you release them)
- Waiting politely for meals (wait until they are released)
- Training and Socialization with distractions (dogs and people)
- Place and Extended Place (jump up and sit on any object you point to on command and stay there until released)
- Come to Heel Command (off-leash, will come around the right side of your body and sit down right beside of your left leg)
*****This intensive program includes 2 week board, 40-50 hours of training, 15ft training lead an Off Leash K9 Training E-collar, unlimited FREE follow-ups for the life of your pup for $2800.
**Payment Plan Available.
*Canine clients will spend the nights “inside” one of the trainers homes.
But wait… How do you fix behavioral problems? We target the issues you are having while working through our obedience program. In our opinion, behavior cannot be modified without having complete trust and control of your dog. Behavioral modification and obedience go hand in hand. As you are working through our program, we will also be working on the specific issues you may be facing with your dog.
Email us NOW with any and all questions you have concerning our training email@example.com
Still not sure? Come meet us, feel the collar yourself, and ask us your questions in person!
This package is $100 for 1 private, 1 hour lesson and is the perfect way to start your pup off on the right paw! Using reward-based training, we’ll show you how to mold your puppy’s behaviors while learning basic commands, building confidence, and socializing. We’ll give you an introduction to teaching him/her sit, stay, down, place and off. We will provide information and advice on reinforcing good behavior, house-breaking, and crate training. We will also answer any questions you have about your new pup or its training. *Puppies must have their full round of puppy vaccines prior to starting these classes. This package is for puppies under 5 months.
“I was really happy with the puppy consultation I had! I’m a long time dog owner but it was really nice to be able to talk to a knowledgeable professional. Highly recommend!” –Genbook Review
Email us about our veteran discount on each of our training packages! firstname.lastname@example.org
Therapy Dog Development Program
Is your goal to have your dog become a therapy dog? This specially designed 8-lesson course prepares you and your dog for their therapy dog testing and certification, through basic obedience and scenario-based lessons. We have had many of our former clients easily pass their therapy dog certification after our training program.With successful completion of this program, we can evaluate and certify you and your dog through Therapy Pets Unlimited.
*Includes 8 private 1-hour lessons, 15ft training lead and an Off Leash K9 Training E-collar for $900.
Therapy Dog Certification
We are certified Therapy Pets Unlimited evaluators! Is your goal to make your dog a certified therapy dog? We would recommend our Therapy Dog Development Course. This is our 8 private lesson course which includes the 4 basic obedience lessons followed by 4 lessons specifically tailored to you and your dog passing the Therapy Dog Certification. At the conclusion of this course, we can test you and your dog for certification. Upon passing the Therapy Pets Unlimited test, you and your dog will be awarded the Therapy Pets Unlimited certification and ID.
Canine Good Citizen Certification
We are certified CGC evaluators! This is a certification program that is designed to reward dogs who have good manners at home and in the community. The Canine Good Citizen Program is a two-part program that stresses responsible pet ownership for owners and basic good manners for dogs. All dogs who pass the 10-step CGC test may receive a very nice certificate from the American Kennel Club. You and your dog will practice the CGC exercises: Accepting a friendly stranger, Sitting politely for petting, Appearance & grooming, Out for a walk (loose leash walking), Walking through a crowd, Sit and down on command and Staying in place, Coming when called, Reaction to another dog, Reaction to distraction and Supervised separation. This class is perfect for continuing your dog’s education. You and your dog will work toward creating a better relationship while your dog learns to listen to you consistantly. As you work with your dog to teach the CGC skills, you’ll discover the many benefits and joys of training your dog. Training will enhance the bond between you and your dog. Whether your dog is ready to for the certification, or you want us to help get your dog ready for the certification, contact us!
Bring Off Leash K9 Training To You With In Home Training
- Basic Obedience In-Home (4 – 1.5 hour private lessons) $800
- Basic & Advanced In-Home (8 – 1.5 hour private lessons) $1,500
- Limited travel areas. Please contact us for availability and appointment times.
Tracking & Trailing
- Are you interested in sport tracking or trailing? Are you interested in being part of a local search and rescue team? Do you just want a fun/engaging outdoor activity to mentally and physically stimulate your dog? Do you want a closer bond with your dog? If you answered yes to any of these questions, check out our tracking and trailing courses! Contact us for appointment times and availability.
- Exploring Tracking (4 – 1.5 hour sessions) $500
- Beginning Tracking (8 – 1.5 hour sessions) $800
- 3 week Tracking & Trailing Board & Train $3,500
Pay for your desired Training Package below
Click the link to schedule lessons
Questions: (724) 761-2001
***YOU MUST PAY FOR YOUR DESIRED TRAINING PACKAGE BEFORE SCHEDULING LESSONS***
**Email us at: email@example.com for more information about our Military/Emergency Services discount, and our Multiple Dog discount!